One Pot Wonder Stuffed Pepper Skillet is a simple, one skillet meal that’s beefy, cheesy, sweet, and savory like traditional stuffed peppers. But, it’s ready in half the time.
Stuffed peppers are great. I make them all the time. But, depending on how you make them, they can be a bit tedious to prepare. They often involve browning some meat, cooking some rice, stuffing the peppers, topping the peppers with cheese, then baking. This one pot wonder stuffed pepper skillet has all the flavors of stuffed peppers without all the fuss.
To make this simple one skillet meal, start by browning some ground beef in a large skillet. Then, drain any excess fat from the beef.
Add uncooked rice, chopped sweet peppers, chopped onion, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, brown sugar, salt, pepper, beef broth, tomato sauce, and canned tomatoes.
Bring the liquid to a boil. Cover the skillet and reduce the heat. Let it cook until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. This will take 20-25 minutes for white rice and 40-45 minutes for brown rice.
Once the rice is cooked, sprinkle shredded Italian blend cheese on top. Put the lid back on the skillet and let it rest until the cheese is melted.
This simple, one skillet meal is beefy, cheesy, sweet, and savory like traditional stuffed peppers. But, it takes much less effort to prepare, has easier clean up, and is ready in half the time.
You will also love my One Sheet Pan Meatloaf & Veggies Recipe!
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
One Pot Wonder Stuffed Pepper Skillet
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 medium sweet bell peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. minced garlic 1 clove
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, break up the beef with a wooden spoon. Cook until no pink remains, about 8 minutes. Drain the excess fat.
- Add the rice to the cooked beef. Cook until the rice is golden brown (2-3 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the cheese. Stir well. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and cover the skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. It will take 20-25 minutes for white rice and 40-45 minutes for brown rice.
- Top with cheese. Cover the skillet and let it rest for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Check out all of my great ground beef recipes.