One Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe – Uncooked pasta, chicken, veggies, broth, and Asian seasonings are simmered together in a pot for an easy dinner recipe.
One pot meals are so cool! You can simmer uncooked pasta, with some broth and veggies, and it will create an almost creamy sauce. This is my one pot version of chicken lo mein.
I guess it isn’t technically lo mein since I used linguini instead of traditional lo mein noodles, which contain egg. But, it’s close. Pasta tends to cook up better in one pot recipes than traditional lo mein noodles.
Using pasta also means that all of the ingredients in this dish are things that many people keep on hand in their pantry or refrigerator.
How to make Chicken Lo Mein
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add uncooked chunks of chicken breast to a large pot.
- Top with uncooked linguini or fettuccini pasta.
- Then, top with carrots, bell pepper, green onions, garlic, soy sauce, garlic powder, corn starch, sugar, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and olive oil.
- Cover it and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Then, stir and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until most of the liquid is gone and the chicken is cooked through.
You could change this up by adding just about any vegetables that you like. Also, this could easily be made into a vegetarian dish by using vegetable broth and leaving out the chicken.
Check out these other great One Pot Pasta Recipes.
- One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- One Pot Southwest Pasta
- One Pot Pasta Con Broccoli
- One Pot Pasta from Southern Living
Watch the step by step recipe video for One Pot Chicken Lo Mein below.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
One Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast -cut into small chunks
- 1 lb. box linguini or fettuccini pasta -broken in half (I used whole wheat)
- 4 medium carrots -peeled and cut in thin 3 inch long strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper -cut in thin 3 inch long strips
- 1 bunch green onions -white part sliced and green part cut in 3 inch long strips
- 4 cloves garlic -minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add the chicken, then the pasta, then the remaining ingredients to a large stockpot and cover. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until most of the liquid is gone and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the lid and let the dish rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Check out all of my great chicken recipes.