Greek Bruschetta With Feta – This great appetizer recipe is toasted bread topped with a creamy feta spread and topped with crunchy veggies coated in Greek vinaigrette.
Greek Bruschetta with Feta is a tasty appetizer to serve at, or bring to a party. Once these have been assembled, they are great left at room temperature for up to two hours.
I love the combination of the salty creamy feta mixture with the crunchy veggies.
How to make these Greek bruschetta toppings:
- Slice the bread and toast under a broiler.
- To a bowl, add feta cheese, Greek yogurt, minced garlic, and chopped basil leaves.
- Mash the feta mixture together and spread it on the toast.
- To a bowl, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk together to make a Greek vinaigrette.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and basil to the vinaigrette.
- Stir to coat the veggies in Greek vinaigrette.
- Spoon the Greek seasoned veggies onto the toast.
Bruschetta Recipe – How to make ahead:
- Slice the bread and put the slices into a large food storage bag for up to a day.
- Prepare the feta mixture and tomato mixture up to 8 hours ahead of time.
- Store the feta spread and Greek veggies covered in the refrigerator.
- Just before it’s time to serve, toast the bread and top it with the feta and veggies.
Check out these other great appetizer recipes:
Watch the step by step video for this Greek Bruschetta recipe below.
Greek Bruschetta with Feta recipe
- 1 (10.5 oz.) french baguette
- 4 oz. feta cheese -crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons, divided chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic -minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes -seeds removed
- 1/2 large cucumber -peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 large red onion -diced
- Cut the baguette on a diagonal into 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch slices (makes about 22 slices). Arrange into one layer on a baking sheet. Place under a broiler set to high until the top of the bread is lightly toasted.
- Add the feta, yogurt, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of basil to a small bowl and mash together with a fork. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and remaining basil. Stir to combine. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- Divide the feta mixture between the bread slices. Spread into a thin layer on the toasted side of the bread. Top with the tomato mixture.