Chicken Fettuccini in Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Cream Sauce – Easy recipe for chicken and fettuccini noodles in a garlic cream sauce for pasta.
This sun-dried tomato pasta is an easy dinner recipe that’s loaded with flavor. It’s a garlic cream sauce flavored with sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and parmesan cheese that gets served over fettuccini pasta and bite size chunks of chicken breast.
How to make Chicken Fettuccini in Sun Dried Tomato Basil Garlic Cream Sauce for Pasta:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken breasts that have been cut into bite size pieces.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce becomes thick.
- Stir in sliced fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese.
- Add cooked and drained fettuccini pasta to the sauce.
- Let the pasta rest a few minutes to absorb some of the sauce.
Check out these other Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes.
- My One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- My BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joes
- My Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Crock Pot Chicken and Rice by Julies Eats and Treats
- Garlic Ginger Chicken & Broccoli by Pinch Of Yum
Watch the step by step video for this Chicken Fettuccini in Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Cream Sauce recipe below.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Chicken Fettuccini in Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Cream Sauce Recipe
- 8 oz. fettucini pasta -plus water for cooking
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast -cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil -drained
- 3 garlic cloves -minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of water according to its package directions. Just before draining the pasta, reserve ½ cup of the starchy cooking liquid and set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare the chicken and sauce. Add the oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the chicken to the skillet. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Cook 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add the broth and cream to the skillet. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until chicken is cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Stir the parmesan cheese and basil into the sauce. Add the cooked and drained pasta. Stir until well combined. Let the pasta rest in the sauce 2-3 minutes.
- To loosen or thin out the sauce, add the reserved starchy cooking liquid to the pasta a tablespoon at a time, if needed.
Check out all of my great chicken recipes.
We didn’t have sun-dried tomato’s when we tried this the first time so we used some canned from the garden. The dish was delicious!
Thank you for sharing!
This was REALLY good! I ended up adding quite a bit more cheese to thicken up the sauce a bit. Also, I added red peppers into the mix just b/c we love them. Served with egg maccheroncini and a baguette. It was a big hit! Thanks for the recipe!
I grilled the chicken beforehand. Adds a bit of interesting texture and grilled taste. Having done it both ways, I find grilling the chicken made it even better!
This recipe is EXCELLENT! I made it for my family and they loved it. I am definitely making it again.
Wonderful Cynthia! I’m so glad you liked it! 🙂
I really love cream sauce. The sun dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese just made it better. I would love this pasta for dinner. I’m sure my friends would love it too.
WHOA this meal is right up my alley, what a perfect combination of flavors, definitely pinning this one 🙂 Love your site!!
We made this tonight, and it was a hit! Thank you for sharing it!
Yum!! A big bowl of pasta is so perfect for these cold winter days! This is definitely getting pinned for later! 😉
My husband is going to love this!