BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joes are sautéed veggies and ground chicken coated in sweet and tangy BBQ sauce.
How To Make BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joes
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Sauté diced onion and chopped sweet bell pepper until they are soft.
- Add ground chicken and cook through.
- Stir in some tomato sauce and barbecue sauce.
- Let it simmer until the sauce thickens up.
- Then, serve the meat on hamburger buns.
You can adjust the flavor by using different types of BBQ sauce in this recipe. I used Sweet Baby Rays because I like my BBQ sauce to be sweet and tangy. But, you could use spicy BBQ sauce, mustard based sauce, Kansas-style, etc.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
- Add the oil, onion, and bell pepper to a large skillet and place it over medium-high heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the chicken to the skillet. Break the chicken apart with a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F).
- Add the BBQ sauce and tomato sauce to the skillet. Stir to combine. Reduce the heat (low to medium-low) to bring the sauce to a simmer. Simmer for 6-8 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the BBQ chicken on hamburger buns.
Check out all of my great chicken recipes.