Strawberry Banana Steel Cut Overnight Oats are great for a hearty, healthy make ahead breakfast.
Disclosure: This recipe is sponsored by Silk.
Summer is just around the corner. If you’re like me, the thought of a big bowl of hot oatmeal on a hot summer day is just not that appealing. But, I gotta have my oats. That’s where overnight oatmeal comes in. You just let oats soak in liquid overnight in the refrigerator. The oats soak up most of the liquid and it all thickens up as it soaks. Then, you eat it cold.
This overnight oat recipe is for steel cut oatmeal. There’s an extra step in this recipe because steel cut oats are less processed than rolled oats. They need to be heated slightly in the beginning. Using the steel cut oats results in a chewier overnight oatmeal than if you were using rolled oats.
This recipe is dairy free as it calls for almond milk and Silk dairy-free yogurt alternative. The yogurt alternative is cultured soy and it delivers 9 grams of plant protein. I used 1 small container of vanilla dairy-free yogurt alternative in this recipe. Silk now has larger 24 oz. containers of it’s DFYA. And, it also comes in plain. For a Silk coupon and to take the Taste The Goodness challenge visit the Silk website.
Strawberry Banana Steel Cut Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 (5.3 oz.) container vanilla Silk dairy-free yogurt alternative
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- Optional: 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Add the almond milk to a small pot and place over medium heat. Bring the milk to a simmer. Stir the oats into the milk. Remove the pot from the heat and let the oats rest for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the yogurt alternative, banana, strawberries and optional maple syrup. Add the almond milk and oats to the fruit. Stir well. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- Stir well before serving. Serve cold within 3 days.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.