This easy strawberry pie is full of fresh strawberries coated in a strawberry gelatin glaze. It’s a sweet refreshing dessert great for summer.
How To Make Strawberry Pie
Note: This is a summary. The full printable recipe card and step by step video is at the bottom of this post.
- In a sauce pot, add sugar, water, strawberry gelatin (I used Jell-O), and corn starch.
- Whisk until the corn starch is dissolved.
- Place the pot over medium heat.
- Cook until the liquid boils and becomes thick.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Remove the stems from one pint of strawberries and cut into quarters.
- Add the chopped strawberries to the gelatin.
- Stir to coat the strawberries in the liquid.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a prepared 9 inch graham cracker pie crust (I used Keebler).
- Spread the strawberries out evenly.
- Refrierate for at least 3 hours until the gelatin is firm.
- Serve cold topped with whipped cream (I used Reddi Wip).
How To Store
This pie can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days before the gelatin will start seeping into the pie crust making it soggy.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 oz. package strawberry gelatin (like Jell-O)
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 pint strawberries stems removed and quartered (just under 4 cups of chopped strawberries)
- 9 inch prepared graham cracker pie crust*
- Optional: whipped cream for serving
- In a medium sauce pot, add the sugar, water, gelatin, and corn starch. Whisk until the corn starch is dissolved.
- Place over medium heat until the liquid starts to boil and become thick. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the strawberries to the liquid. Stir until the strawberries are evenly coated.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the pie crust. Spread the strawberries out evenly.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, until the gelatin becomes firm.
- Serve cold with whipped cream.
- A baked and cooled pastry pie crust would also work.