Baked coconut chicken tenders get tons of crunch from panko breadcrumbs, and tons of flavor from sweetened shredded coconut.
This crunchy, flavorful chicken goes perfectly on a fruity tropical salad. However, it’s fantastic served with anything.
Making crispy baked chicken is a great alternative to making fried chicken. It’s crunchy and flavorful like fried chicken, but it has a lot less fat. However, this type of chicken only stays crispy for about 20 minutes. Once it gets properly stored in the refrigerator, the coating softens. The flavor is still great. It’s just not crispy. That’s something to keep in mind when determining how much of this chicken you want to make.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Baked Coconut Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 pound chicken tenders about 8 tenders
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a wide shallow dish, add the eggs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined. In a second wide shallow dish, add the panko breadcrumbs and shredded coconut. Stir to combine.
- Dip the chicken tenders in the egg mixture, coating both sides. Lift the chicken out of the egg and allow the excess to drip off. Place the egg coated chicken into the coconut mixture. Press the coconut mixture into the chicken ensuring that all sides are completely coated. Place the coconut coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Discard the excess egg and coconut mixture. Spray the tops of the chicken tenders with cooking spray.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 12-14 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crisp and golden brown.
Check out all of my great chicken recipes.