Mediterranean cucumber roll ups are a quick, easy, healthy appetizer or light lunch. They are made with: crunchy cucumber, creamy roasted garlic hummus, chopped roasted red pepper, and tangy feta cheese.
To make these roll ups, create long, thin slices of cucumber using a vegetable peeler. Spread the cucumber with hummus. Sprinkle the tops with roasted red pepper and feta. Then, roll them up. So simple!
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp. roasted garlic hummus
- 6 tbsp. roasted red pepper chopped (sun-dried tomatoes would be good too)
- 6 tbsp. crumbled feta
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave off long, thin slices of cucumber. You could also cut the cucumber into thin slices using a knife. Don't use the inner slices of cucumber that are full of seeds. You should get around 12 useable slices off of one cucumber.
- Sprinkle each slice of cucumber with a pinch of black pepper. Evenly spread about 1 1/2 tsp. of hummus on each cucumber slice. Sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp. of chopped red pepper and 1 1/2 tsp. of crumbled feta on each slice.
- Pick up one end of the cucumber slice and roll the cucumber around the filling. End with the seam on bottom and secure with a toothpick. Don't try to roll them up too tight or the filling will squeeze out.