I love it when healthy food tastes good!
This very berry chicken salad with poppy seed dressing recipe is loaded with fresh berries, lean protein, and salad greens. So, it’s really good for you. It has a sweet, creamy, poppy seed dressing that mixes with the sweetness of the berries and tastes amazing!
And, it’s a cinch to make. The whole thing comes together in about 20 minutes.
You may notice that the recipe calls for steak grill seasoning to season the chicken breast. You can use any seasoning spice blend that you like. I like the steak seasoning blend because it usually has coarse ground pepper, sea salt, dehydrated garlic, onion, and a few other spices. I find that steak grill seasoning is a good all-around spice blend for just about anything. So, I always have it on hand.
Very Berry Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil (I use olive oil)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 10 oz.), chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp. steak flavored grill seasoning (or any all purpose seasoning spice mix)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce (or your favorite lettuce)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and grill seasoning. Cook until chicken is cooked through and beginning to brown (about 8 minutes), stirring occasionally. Once the chicken is cooked, let it cool for at least 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, assemble the salad. In a large bowl, add the lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and pecans. Set aside.
- Prepare the poppy seed dressing. In a small bowl, add the sour cream, poppy seeds, vinegar, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, honey, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the chicken to the salad. Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
|Serving Size||¼ salad & 2 tbsp. dressing|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 341 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 20.6||32%|
|Saturated Fat 2.7||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.1||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|