Berry chicken salad with poppy seed dressing – Lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, chicken, & pecans with homemade poppyseed dressing.
This berry chicken salad with poppy seed dressing recipe is loaded with fresh berries, protein, and salad greens. It has a sweet, creamy, poppy seed dressing that mixes with the sweetness of the berries and tastes amazing!
The whole thing comes together in about 20 minutes.
How to make Poppy Seed Berry Chicken Salad
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chunks of chicken breast and grill seasoning.
- Stir and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing
- Add mayonnaise to a small bowl.
- Add sugar, milk, white vinegar, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add chopped romain lettuce to a large serving bowl.
- Add strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pecans, and the cooked chicken.
- Drizzle with the poppy seed dressing.
This recipe calls for steak grill seasoning to season the chicken breast. You can use any seasoning spice blend that you like. I like the steak seasoning blend because it usually has coarse ground pepper, sea salt, dehydrated garlic, onion, and a few other spices.
Try These Other Great Salad Recipes
Watch the step by step recipe video for Berry Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing below.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Berry Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 10 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts, -chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons steak flavored grill seasoning, or any all purpose seasoning spice mix
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and grill seasoning. Cook until chicken is cooked through and beginning to brown (about 8 minutes), stirring occasionally. Once the chicken is cooked, let it cool for at least 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, assemble the salad. In a large bowl, add the lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and pecans. Set aside.
- Prepare the poppy seed dressing. In a small bowl, add the mayo, sugar, milk, vinegar, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the chicken to the salad. Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Check out all of my great chicken recipes.
The addition of berries and pecans to this chicken salad makes it so special. I love how simple and easy it is!
YUM! I normally do a salad with chicken, strawberries, and almonds – I loved mixing things up a bit with this with the raspberries and blueberries, and the delish dressing!