Very berry chicken salad with poppy seed dressing – Lettuce mixed with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, chicken, and pecans topped with a sweet and tangy poppyseed dressing.
I love it when healthy food tastes good!
This very berry chicken salad with poppy seed dressing recipe is loaded with fresh berries, lean protein, and salad greens. So, it’s really good for you. It has a sweet, creamy, poppy seed dressing that mixes with the sweetness of the berries and tastes amazing!
And, it’s a cinch to make. The whole thing comes together in about 20 minutes.
You may notice that the recipe calls for steak grill seasoning to season the chicken breast. You can use any seasoning spice blend that you like. I like the steak seasoning blend because it usually has coarse ground pepper, sea salt, dehydrated garlic, onion, and a few other spices. I find that steak grill seasoning is a good all-around spice blend for just about anything. So, I always have it on hand.
Very Berry Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 10 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts, -chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons steak flavored grill seasoning, or any all purpose seasoning spice mix
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and grill seasoning. Cook until chicken is cooked through and beginning to brown (about 8 minutes), stirring occasionally. Once the chicken is cooked, let it cool for at least 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, assemble the salad. In a large bowl, add the lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and pecans. Set aside.
- Prepare the poppy seed dressing. In a small bowl, add the mayo, sugar, milk, vinegar, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the chicken to the salad. Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss to combine.