Blueberry lemon poke cake is lemon cake with holes poked in it; drizzled with lemon blueberry sauce; and topped with sweet, lemony whipped topping.
This blueberry lemon poke cake is to die for! It’s a lemon cake with holes poked in it. Lemon blueberry sauce is drizzled on top of the cake so that the sauce and blueberries get down into the holes. Then, it’s topped off with a frosting made of lemon curd and cool whip. Amazing!
The dark blue sauce against the light yellow cake is so pretty when the cake is cut and served. This cake is fancy enough to serve at special events, but easy enough to make for any occasion.
More Great Dessert Recipes
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Blueberry Lemon Poke Cake Recipe
- 1 box lemon cake mix and the additional ingredients called for on the box
For the Lemon Blueberry Sauce
- 1½ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 large lemon zest and juice (about 1 tsp. of zest and 1 tbsp. of juice)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- ½ cup jarred lemon curd
- 1 8 oz. container whipped topping cool whip
- Prepare the lemon cake according to the package directions using a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In the meantime, prepare the blueberry lemon sauce. In a medium saucepan, add blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture starts to bubble and thicken (about 12 minutes for frozen blueberries, about 6-7 minutes for fresh). Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Set aside.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes into the cake that are about an inch apart. While the cake is still warm, drizzle the blueberry lemon sauce on top. Spread the sauce into an even layer over the cake ensuring some of the sauce and blueberries get down into the holes. Let the cake cool completely (about an hour).
- Add the lemon curd and ½ cup of the cool whip to a medium bowl and whisk together until smooth. Add another ½ cup of the cool whip and whisk until smooth. Add the remaining cool whip to the bowl. Use a large spoon or spatula and gently fold the cool whip into the lemon curd mixture. Spread the whipped lemon topping on top of the cake into an even layer. Place the cake in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.