Chipotle Black Bean & Corn Stuffed Peppers – Sweet peppers stuffed with a spicy, flavorful filling made of black beans, corn, sour cream, chipotle, and adobo sauce; and topped with cheddar cheese.
Stuffed peppers are one of my husband’s favorite meals. I love them too because they’re usually pretty healthy, depending on what you stuff them with. I also like that I can experiment with different types of flavor combinations and fillings for the peppers.
Today’s kitchen experiment resulted in chipotle black bean and corn stuffed peppers. I’m happy to say that they did not disappoint. They’re healthy and delicious.
Chopped chipotle chili peppers and adobo sauce get mixed with sour cream and mashed black beans to form a spicy, flavorful binder. Whole black beans and corn kernels are added to complete the filling. Hollowed out sweet peppers are stuffed with the chipotle filling, topped with shredded cheddar cheese, and baked until soft.
I recommend topping the stuffed peppers with some salsa and a little extra sour cream. Enjoy!
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Chipotle Black Bean & Corn Stuffed Peppers
- 2 sweet bell peppers
- 1 (7 oz.) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: salsa and additional sour cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the bell peppers in half, through the stem. Remove the seeds. Lay the peppers cut side up in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add half of the black beans. Mash the beans with a fork or a potato masher. The beans don’t need to be smooth, just broken up. Set aside.
- Remove one chipotle chili pepper from the can and finely chop it. In a large bowl, add the chopped chili pepper, 1 teaspoon of the adobo sauce, the sour cream, and salt (reserve the remaining chipotles and adobo for a later use). Stir until well combined. Add the mashed beans, whole beans, and corn to the chipotle mixture. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the black bean mixture into the peppers. Cover the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover the dish. Top the peppers with the shredded cheese. Bake for 20 additional minutes.
- Let the peppers cool for 5 minutes before serving.