This Basil Pesto with Almonds comes together in minutes and only requires a few common ingredients. It’s a fantastic condiment that can be used in a variety of ways.
Pesto is sooo good. I use it in pasta dishes, on chicken, on seafood, or even as a spread on sandwiches.
You can usually find some pretty tasty prepared pesto at just about any grocery store. But, it’s just as easy to make it yourself. And, when you do that, you can play around with the ingredients.
In this recipe, I switched out the pine nuts (which are traditionally used in pesto recipes) for almonds. Just about any nut will work, really. I just like the idea of using almonds because I almost always have almonds on hand. But, I almost never have pine nuts on hand.
To make this recipe, simply add fresh basil, almonds, parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Process until the ingredients are broken down. Then, as the processor is on, slowly drizzle in some olive oil. It’s ready in minutes.
The almonds give this pesto great flavor and they also retain just a little bit of their crunch giving it a great texture too.
Try this pesto in my Chicken Pesto Pasta.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Basil Pesto with Almonds Recipe
- 3 cups packed fresh basil leaves from about 3 oz. fresh basil
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor or blender, add the basil, almonds, parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper. Turn on the processor for about 15 seconds to break down the ingredients. Scrape down the sides of the processor.
- Turn the processor on and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until well combined.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.