7 layer chicken taco dip has layers of: guacamole, taco seasoned chicken, a salsa/sour cream mixture, cheese, lettuce, green onions, and black olives.
Well, it’s football season. Personally, I’m not that in to sports. I am, however, really in to the parties that go along with sports. Any excuse to meet up with friends for drinks and appetizers is fine by me.
Taco dip seems to be a staple at game day parties. Everybody loves this Mexican inspired appetizer. There are many different ways to make it. But, this version is my favorite. I love that this 7 layer chicken taco dip is healthier than many other taco dip recipes, without tasting like it.
This dip has layers of: guacamole, chunks of taco seasoned chicken, a salsa/sour cream mixture, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced green onions, and sliced black olives.
The fresh veggies on top stay crunchy and give a nice contrast to the creamy guacamole and sour cream in the bottom layers of the dip. It’s so good!
For those people who don’t like black olives, chopped fresh tomato would be a great substitute.
7 Layer Chicken Taco Dip Recipe
Watch The Recipe Video Here
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast chopped into small chunks
- 1 packet taco seasoning plus water for cooking
- 3 ripe avocados large
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions sliced
- ¼ cup sliced black olives or chopped tomatoes
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes (until the chicken is cooked through), stirring occasionally. Add the taco seasoning and water. Cook according to the taco seasoning package directions. Remove the skillet from the heat and let the chicken cool for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove the peel and seeds from the avocados. Add the avocado, lime juice, and garlic salt to a medium bowl. Mash together until mostly smooth to make guacamole.
- Transfer the guacamole to a 7 x 11 inch (or 9 x 9 inch) dish. Spread it into an even layer. Spoon the taco seasoned chicken over the guacamole in an even layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sour cream with the salsa until well combined. Spoon it into an even layer over the chicken.
- Top the sour cream mixture with layers of shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced green onions, and sliced black olives.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with optional dippers, such as: tortilla chips, crackers, or sliced raw vegetables (sweet peppers, cucumbers, celery, etc.).
Check out all of my great chicken recipes.