Mediterranean cucumber roll ups are a quick, easy, healthy appetizer or light lunch. They are made with: crunchy cucumber, creamy roasted garlic hummus, chopped roasted red pepper, and tangy feta cheese.
To make these roll ups, create long, thin slices of cucumber using a vegetable peeler. Spread the cucumber with hummus. Sprinkle the tops with roasted red pepper and feta. Then, roll them up. So simple!
Mediterranean Cucumber Roll Ups Recipe
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp. roasted garlic hummus
- 6 tbsp. roasted red pepper, chopped (sun-dried tomatoes would be good too)
- 6 tbsp. crumbled feta
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave off long, thin slices of cucumber. You could also cut the cucumber into thin slices using a knife. Don’t use the inner slices of cucumber that are full of seeds. You should get around 12 useable slices off of one cucumber.
- Sprinkle each slice of cucumber with a pinch of black pepper. Evenly spread about 1½ tsp. of hummus on each cucumber slice. Sprinkle 1½ tsp. of chopped red pepper and 1½ tsp. of crumbled feta on each slice.
- Pick up one end of the cucumber slice and roll the cucumber around the filling. End with the seam on bottom and secure with a toothpick. Don’t try to roll them up too tight or the filling will squeeze out.
|Serving Size||2 roll ups|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 64 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.9||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7||3%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|