This simple recipe for cranberry tuna salad on apple slices can be made in about 5 minutes. It’s perfect as a quick, healthy lunch.
A simple dressing of mayo and apple cider vinegar makes the tuna salad tart. The dried cranberries and apple slices are a nice sweet contrast.
If you don’t have sweet apples, you may want to cut back on the vinegar when making this dish. I had honey crisp apples, which were perfect in this recipe.
This recipe makes one serving. But it can easily be doubled, tripled, etc.
Cranberry Tuna Salad on Apple Slices
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise (Greek yogurt would also work)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 (5 oz.) can tuna packed in water, well drained
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 medium sweet apple (pink lady, honey crisp, etc.)
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Add the drained tuna and cranberries to the bowl. Mix to combine.
- Slice around the apple core to make about 6 sturdy apple slices.
- Spoon the tuna salad onto the apple slices.
|Serving Size||whole recipe|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 361 Calories from fat 40|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12.1||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5||22%|
|Saturated Fat 1.7||9%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|