This simple recipe for cranberry tuna salad on apple slices can be made in about 5 minutes. It’s perfect as a quick, healthy lunch.
A simple dressing of mayo and apple cider vinegar makes the tuna salad tart. The dried cranberries and apple slices are a nice sweet contrast.
If you don’t have sweet apples, you may want to cut back on the vinegar when making this dish. I had honey crisp apples, which were perfect in this recipe.
This recipe makes one serving. But it can easily be doubled, tripled, etc.
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise (Greek yogurt would also work)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 (5 oz.) can tuna packed in water, well drained
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 medium sweet apple (pink lady, honey crisp, etc.)
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Add the drained tuna and cranberries to the bowl. Mix to combine.
- Slice around the apple core to make about 6 sturdy apple slices.
- Spoon the tuna salad onto the apple slices.