Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Muffins are individual sized portions of baked oatmeal full of cinnamon and chopped apples.
This month’s Recipe Redux theme is breakfast. Naturally, I’m super pumped about that. Breakfast food is my absolute favorite thing to make…and eat. 🙂
One of my most popular recipes is my To-Go Baked Oatmeal recipe. It’s a standard baked oatmeal recipe made in muffin tins and topped with your favorite toppings. I decided to play around with that recipe a bit to make this apple cinnamon version.
As with my previous oat muffin recipes, this is a great make ahead breakfast. I made these on Sunday and had breakfast all week. I highly recommend topping them with a bit of peanut butter. Yum!
To store these muffins, cool them completely and place them in a sealed container or zip top bag. They’re good at room temperature for 4-5 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you’d like to reheat them, take the muffin liner off, wrap the muffin in a paper towel, and microwave for 5-15 seconds.
These muffins will also freeze well. Just place them in a sealed container and store them in the freezer. Then, transfer to the refrigerator the day before you want to use them.
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled (or vegetable oil, canola oil, etc.)
- 1 cup 2% milk (or your preferred milk/milk alternative)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking or steal cut)
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced apples (from about 2 small apples)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with muffin liners and spray the liners with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the brown sugar, apple sauce, eggs, and melted coconut oil. Whisk until smooth. Add the milk, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined. Add the diced apples. Stir to combine.
- Fill the muffin cups just shy of full (makes 16 muffins). Be sure to scoop from the bottom of the bowl to get an even mix of oats and liquid in each muffin. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Cool completely before storing in a sealed container. Store in the refrigerator or freeze for later.
|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 129 Calories from fat 60|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 3.5||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2||10%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Be sure to check out these other great breakfast recipes from Recipe Redux bloggers.