Shrimp piccata is a perfect, easy weeknight meal. Juicy shrimp are coated in a sauce made up of white wine, lemon juice, broth, capers, parsley, and butter. It’s perfect served with noodles or pasta.
Anything in piccata sauce is fine by me. Chicken piccata, veal piccata, and shrimp piccata are all so good! If I’m out at a fancy Italian restaurant, I often go for chicken piccata. But, when I’m the one doing the cooking, I think shrimp is the way to go. It cooks up in no time, making it a perfect, easy weeknight meal.
If you’re not familiar with piccata sauce, its a sauce made up of white wine, lemon juice, broth, capers, parsley, and butter. The lemon and the capers give it a nice, tangy zip.
I like to serve shrimp piccata over angel hair pasta that has been tossed in a little butter and parsley. I always start cooking my pasta first. Because in the time it takes to cook the pasta, I can make the shrimp piccata. Heat up some veggies and that’s a full meal in about 15 minutes!
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Shrimp Piccata Recipe
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz. uncooked peeled, deveined, large shrimp (thawed, if bought frozen)
- ½ tsp. salt divided
- 1 medium shallot sliced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup loosely packed flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp. drained capers
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. In the meantime pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Add the shrimp and ¼ teaspoon of salt to the skillet. Cook the shrimp, stirring often, until it turns opaque and is slightly undercooked (about 3 minutes). Do not cook the shrimp through at this point because it will finish cooking later. Remove the shrimp from the skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the shallot to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, pepper, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Stir to combine. Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute, or until the shrimp is cooked through. Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the parsley, capers, and butter. Serve immediately.
World class in minutes!
I made this today and it turned out to be delicious! I used vodka instead of wine and no capers. My hubby loved it. I will definitely make it again!
So easy and so delicious!
Loved it! I’ll double the wet ingredients next time.
QUICK, EASY, AND DELICIOUS! I WILL DEFINITELY MAKE IT AGAIN.
I added a clove
Of garlic with the shrimp and another one with the shallots. Yum,yum! I had less shrimp but made the full recipe fro 2. Was perfect. Served it over pasta and sprinkled parmesan cheese on top
So yummy! I served it over basmati rice with a side of roasted veggies and could not get enough! Love that is was so simple too.
Delish but….next time I think I’ll increase the liquids by at least half again. I wanted more sauce on my pasta. So yummy!
I think it turned out very tasty! Needed more sauce and a clove of garlic! Next time 🙂
We doubled the recipe for the sauce and it still didn’t seem like enough for 4 people- and the original recipe was for 3 servings.
Otherwise, very tasty. We put it over linguini.
I would make sure to have all ingredients to go, as it cooks quickly.
Super easy and yummy!! Thank you for this simple recipe.