Sesame peanut butter noodles can be made in under 10 minutes! The sesame peanut flavor satisfies Asian take-out food cravings. And, they’re so easy!
Sesame peanut butter noodles can be made in under 10 minutes! I don’t think I could get Chinese take-out in 10 minutes.
I love these noodles because their sesame-peanut flavor really satisfies that Asian take-out food craving. And, since I can make them at home, I can control the quality of the ingredients that go into them. But, the best part is how quick and easy they are.
Start by cooking your favorite Asian noodle. I have made this with soba noodles and even ramen noodles without the flavor packets. Rice noodles would probably be great in this too. If you don’t have any Asian noodles, you could always just use some traditional pasta, like fettuccini or linguini.
As the noodles cook, make the sesame peanut butter sauce. Just add some sesame oil, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, minced garlic, and grated ginger to a bowl. Give it a good whisk, until it is well combined. The peanut butter will break down and create a smooth, creamy sauce.
Pour the sauce over the hot, drained noodles. Then, stir the noodles to get them completely coated in sauce.
Just before serving, I like to top the noodles with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. They add a nice crunchy texture. Chopped peanuts might be a good crunchy addition, as well.
These noodles are delicious as-is. But, occasionally I make them with a few additions to make them more like a full meal. Sometimes I add cooked, shredded chicken breast for added protein. I have also added a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables that have been cooked according to the package directions.
Here’s the recipe. Enjoy!
Sesame Peanut Butter Noodles Recipe
- 6 oz. of your favorite Asian noodles like soba, rice noodles, or even ramen noodles without the flavor packet
- 2 tbsp. pure sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. grated fresh ginger root
- Optional Garnish: 3 sliced green onions and 1 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Cook and drain the noodles according to the package directions.
- In a medium bowl, add the sesame oil, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Whisk until well combined. The peanut butter should completely break down to create a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the hot noodles. Toss to coat.
- Optional: top each serving with 1 sliced green onion and ½ teaspoon of sesame seeds.
Nutrition information is based on this dish made with soba noodles.