Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts Harvest Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette is a fabulous Fall salad that could be served as an entree or side!
Nut’s are a staple in my house. I always keep a variety of nuts on hand. I like to add them to meals and snacks for their good fats, fiber, and protein.
Nuts can also add a lovely crunch to recipes, like in this salad recipe. It’s got sweet, oven roasted butternut squash & brussels sprouts with chopped apples, pecans, crumbled blue cheese, and salad greens. And, it’s drizzled with a sweet & tangy maple cider vinaigrette.
This could be served as a side salad. But, it’s certainly filling and impressive enough to be served as an entree.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts Harvest Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/2 a medium butternut squash peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes (4 cups)
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts trimmed & halved
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 cups baby spring mix lettuce
- 1 medium apple cored & chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles or feta
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the squash and sprouts to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined. Pour HALF (¼ cup) of this mixture over the squash and sprouts. Gently stir to coat. Spread them on a large baking sheet in an even layer. Roast for 20 minutes. Gently stir and flip over using a spatula. Cook 15 more minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the lettuce, apple, pecans, blue cheese, and roasted vegetables to a large bowl.
- Add the dijon mustard and salt to the remaining maple cider vinaigrette. Whisk until well combined. Drizzle over the salad.