Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts Harvest Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette is a fabulous Fall salad that could be served as an entree or side!
Nut’s are a staple in my house. I always keep a variety of nuts on hand. I like to add them to meals and snacks for their good fats, fiber, and protein.
Nuts can also add a lovely crunch to recipes, like in this salad recipe. It’s got sweet, oven roasted butternut squash & brussels sprouts with chopped apples, pecans, crumbled blue cheese, and salad greens. And, it’s drizzled with a sweet & tangy maple cider vinaigrette.
This could be served as a side salad. But, it’s certainly filling and impressive enough to be served as an entree.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts Harvest Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/2 a medium butternut squash peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes (4 cups)
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts trimmed & halved
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 cups baby spring mix lettuce
- 1 medium apple cored & chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles or feta
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the squash and sprouts to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined. Pour HALF (¼ cup) of this mixture over the squash and sprouts. Gently stir to coat. Spread them on a large baking sheet in an even layer. Roast for 20 minutes. Gently stir and flip over using a spatula. Cook 15 more minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the lettuce, apple, pecans, blue cheese, and roasted vegetables to a large bowl.
- Add the dijon mustard and salt to the remaining maple cider vinaigrette. Whisk until well combined. Drizzle over the salad.
Thanks for sharing! What a great lunch meal prep for the week!
This looks so good! I love the combination of sweet potato/butternut squash and Brussel sprouts/kale! They are perfect together!
Love the fall flavors in this salad. I could drizzle that maple dressing over the whole plate!
You had me at Brussels sprouts and butternut squash!! This looks delicious!
This is such a perfect fall salad! I love adding roasted veggies to salads and love maple and dijon dressings! All around yum!
How gorgeous is this salad??! YUM 🙂
Thanks Deanna! It’s definitely got the colors of Fall 🙂
What a gorgeous salad! Would love this everyday for dinner!
Thanks Jenny! Big entree salads are the best!
This salad is beautiful and full of my favorite fall things. Pinning for later
Thanks Allie! I hope you like it!
This salad sounds like roasted veggie perfection!
Thanks Jess! I love roasted veggies all on their own but their awesome in a salad!