Guacamole stuffed chicken breasts are thin pieces of chicken smothered in guacamole; rolled up; coated in flavorful Panko breadcrumbs; and baked.
I absolutely love guacamole! On it’s own, guacamole is really healthy when eaten in moderation. The problem is, it’s often eaten in massive quantities with a big pile of deep fried tortilla chips.
I decided to ditch the chips and use guacamole to make this healthy entrée, guacamole stuffed chicken breast.
Chicken breasts are pounded thin and flat. A thin layer of guacamole gets spread onto each piece. The chicken is rolled up and secured with toothpicks. Then, the stuffed chicken is coated in a flavorful panko breadcrumb mixture; and baked.
The result is a tender, juicy piece of chicken with a crispy outside and a creamy guacamole filled center. Yum!
Admittedly, it does take a while to prepare this chicken. None of the steps are difficult, just a little time consuming. Personally, I think it’s totally worth it.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Guacamole Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1¼ - 1½ lb. total weight)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp. diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- ¾ tsp. salt divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a mallet to pound each chicken breast thin and flat. Set aside.
- Remove the peel and seed from the avocado. Place the avocado in a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add the onion, tomato, lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir to combine.
- Divide the guacamole between the chicken pieces and spread it into a thin layer. Roll up the chicken, starting with the skinniest edge (the part that comes to a point). Secure the seam with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In a separate shallow bowl, add the breadcrumbs, lime zest, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, ¼ teaspoon salt, and the pepper. Stir to combine.
- Roll the stuffed chicken in the eggs. Let the excess egg drip off. Press and roll the chicken in the breadcrumbs. Shake off the excess breadcrumbs. Place the chicken seam-side down in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Discard the remaining egg and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and it’s coating is golden brown and crispy.
Check out all of my great chicken recipes.
I’ve been working my way through all of the recipes on this site, because they have all been so rewarding to make and serve! This one, however, didn’t have that wow factor that all the other dishes have had. My family all ate it, but I think they all would have preferred to have cold guacamole served separately from the hot crispy chicken. Two components we like, just not married together.
Made this tonight. Loved it. Only thing I changed, I floured the rolls before the egg dip and I browned them in an ovenproof pan before putting them in the oven. Browned up very nicely.
Loved this recipe! Works great for those with lactose intolerance. It’s so hard to find a stuffed chicken breast recipe that doesn’t include cheese! I took a shortcut on the guacamole and just used Sabra guacamole. Also, I’m allergic to panko, so I used Good Thins Garlic and Herb Chickpea cracker crumbs. It was a little messy, but tasted great.
I made this last night and wow! It was amazing, chicken was so tender and the guacamole filling is just amzing. Thank you for the recipe will definitely make this again ?
Could you use crushed tortilla chips instead of panko bread crumbs?
Loved it. Can you give me a sugar count?
I tried this recipe last night & I’ll the truth it was amazing ! I will be making this again and again my husband loved it ” Delish “
That’s wonderful Lydia! I’m so glad you liked it!
Very GOOD! All the family love it! 😀
Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Wanita! I’m so glad you and your family liked it!
How does the avocado not turn brown during the baking process? !?!
Hi! Can i pan fry the chicken instead of baking it?
how do you keep it from turning brown during cooking?
Hi! Looks delicious! Could you tell me how this possibly came out to 18 carbs? Only outcome I can come to is omitting tomatoes to shrink the carb count. My mom and I are doing low carb and this looks like a great recipe! But 18 carbs per serving is way too much. Let me know when you can!
i counted it out to be about 8
Hi. The panko bread crumbs, avocado, tomato, and onion all contribute to the carb count. The majority, however, is coming from the bread crumbs. If you would like to cut the carbs, you could leave the bread crumbs out.
wow looks good. Do you have a nutritional facts for sodium? Let me know thanks