Mexican Breakfast Cups Recipe
Mexican breakfast cups are a great make ahead meal full of eggs and Mexican flavors.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 1 ripe Hass Avocado peel and seed removed, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon bits or crumbled bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk or any milk
- Optional: 1 - 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Optional toppings: sour cream salsa
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
Add the black beans to a large bowl. Lightly pat the beans with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture. Add the avocado, corn, bacon, and cheese to the bowl. Lightly stir to combine. Use a spoon to divide the corn mixture evenly in the muffin tin.
In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined. Optional: transfer the egg mixture to a large measuring cup for easy pouring.
Pour the egg mixture over the corn mixture in the muffin tin, filling it until each cup is almost full.
Bake for 20 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Optional: Top with sour cream, and salsa.
Serving: 1egg cup | Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.5g | Protein: 9.8g | Fat: 8.6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 1.4g