One Pot Wonder Pasta Con Broccoli Recipe
One pot pasta with broccoli is a twist on the classic pasta con broccoli recipe from The Pasta House. This easy dinner recipe is ready in minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 (14 -16 oz.) box campanelle pasta -or whatever pasta you like
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves -minced
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups 2% milk -or your preferred milk/milk alternative
- 1 cup chicken broth -or vegetable broth
- 1 cup mushrooms -very thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Add the pasta, broccoli, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, tomato sauce, milk, and broth to a large pot. Cover and bring to a full, rolling boil. Stir and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer covered for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until there is 1/2 to1 inch of liquid left in the bottom of the pot. *NOTE: Keep an eye on the pot in the beginning of the cooking process because milk tends to boil over easily.
Remove the pasta from the heat and stir in the mushrooms and the parmesan. Let the pasta rest for 3-5 minutes before serving. The remaining liquid will absorb into the pasta and the mushrooms will soften.
Serving: 1/6th of the recipe | Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 64.4g | Protein: 19.4g | Fat: 11.6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fiber: 3.5g