Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Muffins are individual sized portions of baked oatmeal full of cinnamon and chopped apples.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 16 muffins
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil melted and slightly cooled (or vegetable oil, canola oil, etc.)
- 1 cup 2% milk or your preferred milk/milk alternative
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats not quick cooking or steal cut
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced apples from about 2 small apples
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with muffin liners and spray the liners with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, add the brown sugar, apple sauce, eggs, and melted coconut oil. Whisk until smooth. Add the milk, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
Add the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined. Add the diced apples. Stir to combine.
Fill the muffin cups just shy of full (makes 16 muffins). Be sure to scoop from the bottom of the bowl to get an even mix of oats and liquid in each muffin. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Cool completely before storing in a sealed container. Store in the refrigerator or freeze for later.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.7g | Protein: 2.9g | Fat: 3.5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fiber: 2.4g