This fresh crunchy salad is full of flavors similar to Mexican street corn with a creamy dressing and lots of cotija cheese.
Disclaimer: This is not an authentic Mexican street corn recipe. This is a chopped salad recipe with similar flavors to street corn.
How To Make Street Corn Salad
Note: This is a summary. The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add chopped romaine lettuce to a large bowl.
- Add fresh cut corn kernels, chopped red onion, chopped cilantro, and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Add crumbled cotija cheese.
- To make the dressing, add sour cream to a mixing bowl.
- Add salsa, lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Stir to coat the salad in the dressing.
Leftovers of this salad make a great topping for tacos.
More Great Salad Recipes
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Street Corn Chopped Salad Recipe
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups corn kernels (I used fresh cut)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons salsa
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add the romaine to a large bowl. Add the corn, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro. Stir.
- Add the crumbled cotija cheese. Stir.
- In a mixing bowl, add the dressing ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing on the salad. Stir until the salad is evenly coated in the dressing.