Sparkling Cranberry Sangria is a fizzy, sweet, & tart drink made with fresh cranberries, brandy, white wine, and sparkling wine.
Disclosure: This sponsored recipe post is part of the #CookWithCranberries campaign with the Cranberry Marketing Committee and the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network.
Do you all do Friendsgiving? If you don’t, you should! It’s when you get together with your closest friends a few days or weeks before Thanksgiving and have a big Thanksgiving-style meal. I’m all for any excuse to have more than one Thanksgiving feast! 🙂
This recipe for Sparkling Cranberry Sangria is perfect for Friendsgiving! It’s fruity, fizzy, and so tasty.
To make it, start by adding fresh cranberries to a pot with some sugar and water. Cook the cranberries until they pop open and release their juices and seeds. Stir in some brandy with the cranberries and chill. Then, pour this mixture through a fine mesh strainer and discard the cranberry pulp. What you have now is sweetened cranberry brandy. 🙂
Next, add the cranberry brandy, white wine, orange juice, fresh cranberries, and a sliced orange to a large serving pitcher. Let this chill for a couple hours so the flavors combine. Right before serving, add a bottle of sparkling wine to the pitcher.
I’m excited to be a part of this campaign! I really like the idea of figuring out different ways to cook with fresh cranberries. They’re actually a pretty versatile little fruit that can offer health benefits, including unique polyphenols not found in many other fruits.
Cranberries are harvested just in time for Friendsgiving and the holidays, making it the perfect time to entertain with fresh cranberries in delicious dishes and drinks. You could even use them as decorations, which I did in this recipe. The fresh cranberries that are floating in the sangria are really just to make it pretty and festive.
Check out the step by step recipe video for Sparkling Cranberry Sangria below.
- 3 cups fresh cranberries divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sweet white wine
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- In a medium pot, add 2 cups of cranberries, the water, and sugar. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, until all of the cranberries have burst open. You may need to reduce the heat to low once the cranberries start bursting as the liquid will become frothy and could bubble over.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir the orange juice and brandy into the cranberry mixture. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Pour the brandy mixture into a large bowl through a fine mesh strainer. Discard the cranberry pulp.
- Transfer the sweetened cranberry brandy to a serving pitcher. Add the sliced orange and 1 cup of fresh cranberries. Add the white wine (not sparkling) to the pitcher. Stir. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add the chilled sparkling wine.
Feature cranberries at your Friendsgiving celebration for a chance to win! Just snap a picture of your Friendsgiving cranberry creations, post it on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterst with the hashtag #FriendsgivingCranberryContest, and upload it at CranberryFriendsgiving.com for a chance to win one of eight $500 prizes! For more information and contest rules, visit CranberryFriendsgiving.com.