Make Ahead Mason Jar Smoothies – Fill mason jars with fruit and freeze them until you are ready to make them. Then, add milk and blend.
Make Ahead Mason Jar Smoothies are such an easy, healthy breakfast that you can drink on the go.
Start by filling mason jars with fruit. Not too full, though. Mason jars have handy measurement markers on them. Fill the jars up to the top line.
If using one fruit, like in the cinnamon peach smoothie, use 1 1/2 cups of fruit. If using 2 types of fruit in one smoothie, use 3/4 cup of each fruit.
Seal the mason jars and place them in the freezer until you are ready to make them.
Add 3/4 cup of milk to the mason jar. The milk should come right up to the top line on the mason jar (the 1 1/2 cups mark). Try not to go over that line for risk of overfilling.
I use my handy dandy little mason jar blender so I don’t even have to dirty another container. It’s no Vitamix, but it gets the job done.
I use these cute mason jar lids and reusable plastic straws to take my smoothies to go.
I’m adding a recipe card to this post. But, this is really more of a method than a recipe. The smoothies I made were: Strawberry/Blueberry, Pineapple/Mango, Banana/Blueberry, Peach/Cinnamon, and Strawberry/Banana.
Here are the Amazon links for the products I used. (Affiliate)
Watch the recipe video for Make Ahead Mason Jar Smoothies below.
Make Ahead Mason Jar Smoothies
- 1 1/2 cups fruit chopped if necessary
- 3/4 cup milk or milk alternative
- Add the fruit to a standard 16 ounce mason jar. Seal the jar. Place in the freezer.
- When ready to blend, remove the jar from the freezer. Add 3/4 cup milk (don't go over the 1 1/2 cup line on the mason jar).
- Use a mason jar blender (or transfer the contents of the mason jar to a standard blender) to blend until smooth.