Hawaiian Grilled Chicken and Pineapple – Juicy grilled chicken glazed in a Hawaiian-inspired sauce with grilled pineapple spears.
Disclosure: This recipe post is sponsored by Just BARE Chicken. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Wholesome Dish!
This recipe starts by breaking down a Just BARE Whole Chicken into pieces. I cut the chicken into 8 pieces: 2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 legs, & 2 wings. I also like to freeze the chicken back (or cage), to make chicken stock when I need it.
Just BARE Whole Chicken is perfect for summer grilling. And, the product is very versatile for use any time of the year, on the grill or in the oven.
Just BARE provides its customers with products that come from chickens that are vegetable and grain fed, are raised with no added hormones or artificial ingredients and no antibiotics—ever.
For more information about Just BARE Whole Chicken, visit the Just BARE website. You can also check out Just BARE on their social channels: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and now on Instagram.
The grilled chicken pieces are coated in a Hawaiian glaze that is sticky, sweet, and a little savory. The glaze is made by reducing pineapple juice, honey, soy sauce, and garlic until the sauce thickens. Then, the chicken pieces get glazed with the sauce during the last few minutes of grilling. Lastly, pineapple spears are grilled to add some smokey flavor to the juicy sweet fruit.
Hawaiian Grilled Chicken and Pineapple pairs perfectly with a fresh summer salad.
Watch these videos for more Easy Dinner recipes:
Hawaiian Grilled Chicken and Pineapple
- 1 Just BARE Whole Chicken cut into 8 pieces (2 breasts, 2 legs, 2 thighs, & 2 wings)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice unsweetened
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 large pineapple peeled, cored, and sliced into 8 long wedges
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Let it rest at room temperature as you preheat your grill to 400° Fahrenheit. Lightly oil the grill grates.
- Grill the chicken, skin side up, over indirect heat with a closed lid for 20 minutes. Flip the chicken over and grill with a closed lid for 15 minutes.
- As the chicken cooks, prepare the glaze. Add the pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, and garlic to a sauce pot. Whisk to combine. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until it has thickened and reduced by about half (about 10 minutes).
- Once the chicken has cooked for a total of 45 minutes, brush half the glaze on one side of the chicken. Close the lid for two minutes. Flip the chicken over. Brush the remaining glaze on the chicken. Close the lid and cook two more minutes. Once chicken has an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit, remove from grill. Loosely tent the chicken with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- As the chicken rests, grill the pineapple. Grill for 5 minutes on one each side