Greek Chicken Salad is an entree salad with a flavorful Greek vinaigrette dressing that is also used as a marinade for the chicken.
Disclosure: This recipe post is sponsored by Just BARE Chicken. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Wholesome Dish!
Every week at my house we do big salad night, where dinner consists of a big flavorful dinner salad. This Greek Chicken Salad recipe is a new family favorite for big salad night. It’s full of traditional Greek flavors, like cucumbers, feta, and olives. And, it has a flavorful Greek vinaigrette that is used as a salad dressing and a marinade for the chicken.
I use a 16-ounce package of Just BARE Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast in this recipe. Just BARE provides its customers with products that come from chickens that are vegetable and grain fed, are raised with no added hormones or artificial ingredients and no antibiotics—ever.
For more information about Just BARE Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, visit the Just BARE website. You can also check out Just BARE on their social channels: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and now on Instagram.
Greek Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package - 16 ounces Just BARE Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a sealable container, such as a mason jar, add the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Whisk, or seal the container and shake, until well combined.
- Place the chicken pieces in a shallow dish. Pour 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette on the chicken. Cover the chicken and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Cover the unused vinaigrette to top the salad later.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken (and any excess marinade) to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165˚F). Let the chicken cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the lettuce to a large serving bowl. Top the lettuce with the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta, and cooled chicken.
- Serve with the reserved dressing.
For more great recipes featuring Just BARE chicken, check out: