Cheddar Apple Broccoli Salad has the sweet and tangy flavors of traditional broccoli raisin salad, but with the addition of chopped apples and cubed cheddar cheese.
I was recently inspired by a trip to Vermont to try to find new, fun, and creative ways to add the cheddar apple flavor combo to new recipes. While on my trip with the Cabot Fit Team (read post here), I had an AMAZING pizza with cheddar, apples, and bacon. I loved it! There’s something about the sweet and tangy/creamy and crunchy combination that’s just so good.
I thought the sweet and tangy cheddar apple combination would be a perfect addition to another traditionally sweet and tangy dish, broccoli raisin salad.
This recipe has the broccoli, raisins, carrots, red onions, and sweet tangy dressing of traditional broccoli raisin salad, plus crunchy sweet apples and creamy tangy cheddar cheese cubes.
It’s perfect for a summer cookout. And it makes a ton, so it’s great for feeding a crowd!
Cheddar Apple Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 4 cups broccoli florets (2 medium heads of broccoli)
- 2 cups chopped apples (2 medium apples)
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add the broccoli, apples, cheese, carrots, raisins, and onion. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, add the mayo, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour the dressing on the broccoli mixture. Stir until the broccoli mixture is evenly covered in dressing.
- Serve immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.