Disclosure: I received free samples of Cabot Cheese mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe challenge sponsored by Cabot Creamery and am eligible to win prizes. I was not additionally compensated for my time.
Cabot Creamery has challenging Recipe ReDux members to create a healthier snack using Cabot cheese. Snacks could be anything from finger foods to hearty appetizers. So, I came up with an appetizer that would be perfect for the upcoming big game, California cobb dip.
This dip has many of the flavors that you would find in a California cobb salad. There’s a base layer of avocado (in guacamole form) that’s topped with layers of shredded lettuce, cheese, tomato, bacon, and onion.
Serve this dip with your favorite options of dippers like tortilla chips, whole grain crackers, or sliced and toasted baguette.
California Cobb Dip Recipe
- 3 ripe avocados, peel and seed removed
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- 4 oz. Cabot Vermont sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered (about 10 tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon bits or crumbled bacon pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Place the avocados in a medium bowl and mash with fork or potato masher until mostly smooth. Add the lemon juice and garlic salt to the avocado. Stir until well combined. Transfer the avocado to a 9 inch pie plate. Spread it into an even layer.
- Top the avocado with layers of lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, bacon, and onion.
- Cover the pie plate with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with optional dippers like tortilla chips, crackers, or sliced and toasted baguette.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 163 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 13.2||20%|
|Saturated Fat 4.1||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|