Beef Enchilada Pasta Bake is pasta, beef, and veggies coated in enchilada sauce, topped with cheese, and baked.
Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the #PastaFits campaign as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I was compensated for my time.
The holidays are fast approaching. It’s a time for us to get together with our family and friends. For many of us, that means big meals. It can be easy to go overboard during this time of the year. It’s nice to have some recipes on hand that are easy, affordable, and delicious, but not over indulgent. This beef enchilada pasta bake is a great option for that.
I’m happy to be posting this recipe as part of the #PastaFits campaign to help demonstrate that pasta can be part of a healthy diet. Pasta has 7 grams of protein and less than 200 calories per serving. It’s quick and easy to prepare, making it perfect for busy families. It’s extremely affordable and fits into any budget. And, it’s versatile enough to fit any occasion or flavor preference.
Beef enchilada pasta bake has got whole wheat pasta, extra lean beef, and lots of veggies. Everything gets tossed in enchilada sauce and covered in cheese, but not too much. 🙂
I topped mine with a little plain Greek yogurt and chopped tomatoes for extra Mexican flare. Chopped avocado would be great too!
Beef Enchilada Pasta Bake Recipe
- 1/2 a (13.25 oz.) box dried whole wheat rotini pasta*
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, juices drained
- 1 (10 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- optional toppings: chopped avocado chopped tomatoes, Greek yogurt/sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta al dente according to its package directions.
- As the pasta cooks, add the oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add the red pepper, green pepper, and onion to the oil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef to the skillet and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Cook for 6-7 minutes, until beef is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced tomatoes and enchilada sauce to the skillet. Stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Add the sauce and corn kernels to the cooked pasta. Stir to combine. Pour the pasta mixture into the baking dish. Top the pasta with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let the dish rest for 5 minutes before serving with optional toppings.