Asian roasted chicken drumsticks are marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, minced garlic, and pepper. This gives them that great salty/sweet Asian flavor.
Using a large zip top bag makes marinating easy. Just place everything in the bag and store the bag in the refrigerator.
These chicken drumsticks should marinate for a minimum of 10 hours to absorb the flavors of the marinade.
When the drumsticks are ready to cook, roast them in a really hot oven (450 degrees F). The high heat will crisp the skin.
While the high oven temperature is great for creating a crispy skin on the drumsticks, be aware that this will also produce some smoke.
Asian Roasted Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks (around 2 lb.)
- Optional: 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, and pepper to a large food storage bag with a zip top. Lightly roll the bottom of the bag around in your fingers to combine the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the bag with the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal it. Massage the chicken around in the marinade until well coated. Place the bag in the refrigerator to let the chicken marinate for a minimum of 10 hours and up to 24 hours. As the chicken marinates, flip the bag over once to ensure it marinates evenly, if possible.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a broiler-safe baking dish or rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Transfer the chicken into the baking dish. Roast the drumsticks for 40 minutes, flipping over half way through the cooking time. Chicken should be cooked through and skin should be crisp.
- Optional: Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
|Serving Size||2 drumsticks|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 312 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12||18%|
|Saturated Fat 3||15%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|