Taco Zucchini Boats – Seasoned taco meat stuffed in zucchini, topped with cheese, and baked.
One of my favorite ways to use up abundant Summer zucchini squash is by making stuffed zucchini boats.
I’ve made Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats
All these stuffed zucchini recipes are easy, high protein, low carb dinners.
I like to top these zucchini tacos with traditional taco toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, diced onion, chopped avocados, taco sauce, sour cream, etc.
I had a few of these leftover. So I chopped them up, added some lettuce, and made a big taco salad out of them. Delish!
Taco Zucchini Boats
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning, plus water for cooking
- 4 small-medium zucchini (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Optional taco toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, diced red onion, chopped avocado, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 7-9 minutes, until the beef is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Drain off the fat, if necessary.
- Add the taco seasoning and water. Cook according to the taco seasoning package directions.
- As the beef cooks, cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds and center out of each zucchini half, leaving a ¼ inch thick zucchini boat. Place the zucchini boats in the baking dish cut-side up.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the zucchini evenly with the cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite traditional taco toppings.
A 1 oz. taco seasoning packet is about 1/4 cup of taco seasoning.
|Serving Size||2 boats|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 310 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16.1||25%|
|Saturated Fat 7.7||39%|
|Dietary Fiber 2||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|