These Spicy Oven ‘Fried’ Chicken Tenders have all the crunch and flavor of fried chicken without the guilt.
A spicy buttermilk marinade leaves these tenders juicy on the inside, while a seasoned panko breading keeps the outside crispy and flavorful.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1½lb chicken tenders (about 12 tenders)
- 1½ cup Italian seasoned Panko
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cayanne pepper
- cooking spray
- In a large flat-bottom dish, whisk together buttermilk and hot sauce. Add the chicken and turn in the buttermilk to coat. Let the chicken marinate in a refrigerator for 2 to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a shallow dish, combine panko, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- One at a time, lift the chicken tenders out of the buttermilk, letting the excess drip off. Then, place them in the panko mixture. Turn and coat them well with panko.
- Place the panko coated tenders on a cookie sheet. Spray the tops of the tenders with cooking spray. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the chicken is completely cooked through (around 15 minutes).
Calories: 92 Fat(g): 0.7 Saturated Fat(g): 0.1 Protein(g): 14 Carbohydrate(g): 7.2 Fiber(g): 0
Serving size is 2 chicken tenders.