I made this on a lazy Saturday morning and served it warm with chopped pecans and warm maple syrup drizzled on top.
Then, I let the left overs cool to room temperature and wrapped each piece in plastic wrap and stored them in the fridge. These wrapped oatmeal bars make a great grab-and-go breakfast.
I definitely preferred the warm fresh version. However, on those busy mornings, it’s nice to have a healthy oatmeal breakfast that you can grab on your way out the door.
Recipe adapted from Baked Oatmeal Recipe.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Pour the oat mixture into a 9 x13 inch baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes. Cut into 8 pieces.