Here’s another quick and easy one pot dish. One pot wonder teriyaki chicken quinoa has sweet and savory Asian inspired flavors, lean chicken, veggies, and quinoa. And, of course, it all comes together in one pot for easy clean up.
To make this dish, start by sautéing some chopped up chicken breast in sesame oil.
Add uncooked quinoa, chicken broth, orange juice, chopped onion, minced garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, and ginger.
Let this cook for about 10 minutes. Then, add chopped carrots, red pepper, and broccoli florets. Continue to cook until the quinoa has absorbed the liquids.
One Pot Wonder Teriyaki Chicken Quinoa Bowls
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil (or canola oil)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper, plus 1/4 tsp.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- Add the oil to a large skillet and place over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken, salt, and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken broth, quinoa, onion, orange juice, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper to the skillet. Increase the heat to high. Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots, bell pepper, and broccoli. Cover and cook 12-15 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until the majority of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the lid and let dish rest for 5 minutes before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 460 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 10||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2.1||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 6||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|