In this recipe for maple roasted salmon, filets of salmon are marinated in maple syrup, soy sauce, minced garlic, and black pepper. Salmon doesn’t need to marinate or cook for very long, making it a quick and easy dinner option.
I like to get my salmon in the marinade first. Then, I preheat my oven and prepare the side dishes I’m having with the fish. By the time that’s done, the marinating time is complete and the salmon is ready to go into the oven.
I often use large zip top storage bags when I’m using a marinade. Just pour all of the marinade ingredients into the bag and squish it around a little to combine it. Add the salmon to the bag. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal it. Then, store it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
When 30 minutes is up, place the salmon (skin side down) in a baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Salmon should flake when pressed with a fork, but not be dry. Personally, I always take my salmon out after 12 minutes total cooking time. My husband on the other hand, prefers his salmon well-done (around 15 minutes total cooking time). Serve warm, and enjoy!
- 10 oz. of salmon (2 filets)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup, divided
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large zip top food storage bag, add 1 ½ tbsp. maple syrup, the soy sauce, the garlic, and the pepper. Squeeze the bag a little to mix the marinade together. Place the salmon filets into the bag with the marinade. Squeeze most of the air out of the bag and seal it. Move the salmon around in the bag a little to ensure the marinade is coating the salmon. Let the fish marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, flipping over after 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish, skin side down (if there is any skin). Discard the marinade. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Top the salmon with the remaining ½ tbsp. of maple syrup and spread it into a thin layer. Return the salmon to the oven for 2-5 minutes. Salmon should flake when pressed with a fork, but not be dry.