Easy Breakfast Casserole is one of my most popular recipes. It’s great because it comes together so quickly. You just mix frozen hash browns with shredded cheese and cubed ham. Put it in a baking dish. Whisk up some eggs and milk. Then, pour the eggs over the hash browns; and bake.
Easy breakfast casserole is really yummy. But, I thought it would be nice to jazz it up a bit with some of the stuff you would find in a Denver omelet. So, I cut some of the hash browns from the original recipe and added tomato, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic. Oh, and I doubled the cheese…Yum!
This easy Denver omelet hash brown casserole takes just a little bit longer than the original breakfast casserole since you do have to chop a few veggies. But, it’s so worth it!
You could always prepare this casserole the night before. Just cover it and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake it in the morning.
As I mentioned above, I doubled the cheese of the original recipe. If you would like this to be a bit lighter, cut the shredded cheese down to one cup. It’s still going to be awesome.
Easy Denver Omelet Hash Brown Casserole
- 6 cups frozen hash browns (about 18 oz.)
- 16 oz. cubed ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the frozen potatoes, ham, cheese, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and garlic to a large bowl. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper (I use the same bowl from step 1).
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture. Pat everything down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for one hour. The center should be set and the edges should be golden brown.
- Let the casserole rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 243 Calories from fat 99|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12.4||19%|
|Saturated Fat 5.6||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6||6%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|