I had some brie cheese left over from my holiday meal that I didn’t want to go to waste. So, I came up with brie apple blueberry grilled cheese sandwiches. It certainly isn’t the healthiest recipe that I have ever come up with, but it is quite delicious for the occasional splurge.
Brie is a mild cheese that melts easily, perfect for grilled cheese sandwiches. Thinly sliced apples add crunch and sweetness, and blueberry preserves balance out the flavors in this unique sandwich.
Brie Apple Blueberry Grilled Cheese
- 1 oz. sliced brie
- 2 slices of bread (I use whole wheat)
- 2 tsp. blueberry preserves
- 1/3 of a medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- Place the brie on one slice of bread and spread the blueberry preserves over the other slice of bread. Spread the apples out evenly over the blueberry preserves. Join the two pieces of bread together to make the sandwich.
- Place the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, place the sandwich in the skillet and cook until the bottom piece of bread is toasty brown (about 3-4 minutes).
- Flip the sandwich with a spatula. Move the sandwich around the skillet a little to get the bottom piece of bread coated with butter. Cook until that side is toasty brown (about 2-3 minutes).
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 322 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 15.9||24%|
|Saturated Fat 8.7||44%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5||18%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|