Black Bean & Brown Rice Bowls with Vinaigrette Dressing is such a simple recipe loaded with veggies, healthy fat, fiber, and plant protein.
This month’s Recipe Redux theme is plant protein power bowls. These bowls of various beans, tofu, or nuts are super trendy right now. And for good reason.
This recipe is so simple because you basically just need to chop and measure some veggies as you cook up some brown rice. And whisk together an easy vinaigrette.
I’ve eaten this rice bowl cold, like a salad. I’ve also added the veggies, beans, and dressing to the rice for the last few minutes of cooking time to warm and slightly soften the veggies.
Black Bean & Brown Rice Bowls with Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup long grain brown rice (plus water for cooking)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Optional: 1 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook the rice according to its package directions.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Divide the hot cooked rice between two large serving bowls. Divide the black beans, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, avocado, red onion, and cilantro between the two serving bowls.*
- Drizzle the bowls with the vinaigrette.
|Serving Size||1 bowl|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 497 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 22.2||34%|
|Saturated Fat 2.8||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.7||39%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Check out these other recipes for plant protein power bowls: