A couple of weeks ago, I posted a recipe for tequila lime chicken salad with avocado lime dressing. I decided that both the marinade and the salad dressing used in that recipe needed to have their own separate posts since they’re both great recipes that could be used in a variety of ways.
The avocado cilantro lime salad dressing gets it’s creaminess from the avocado. Lime juice, orange juice, and cilantro give it a bright, fresh flavor. And, some honey gives it a little sweetness.
It would be great on any salad. But, it could also be used as a mayonnaise replacement on sandwiches, or even as a mayo replacement in chicken, tuna, or potato salad.
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, skin and pit removed
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.